27 nov 2015

Maxis "Ultra Modern Diamond" Completer Set


There are two BG "ultra-modern" objects with a diamond design: a dining chair and a sofa. I made seven new Maxis-match objects that I think can be used in a living room, a dining room, or outdoors. Plus some extra stuff that might be of use. No EPs required, just Base game.


1- I made three new objects slaved to "Diamondback" by Desert Designs (a BG dining chair found in Comfort > Dining Chairs for 900 simoleons, it has 1344 polys -high).
  • A dining table, found in Surfaces > Tables for 261 simoleons. It has 259 polys -low.
  • An end table with an extra-slot, found in Surfaces > End Tables for 275 simoleons. It has 982 polys -medium.
  • A small round coffee table, found in Surfaces > Coffee Tables for 295 simoleons. It has 690 polys -low.
The black seat recolor shown in the images is included.


2- I made four new objects slaved to "Seatris" by Ima Hack (a BG sofa found in Comfort > Sofas & Loveseats for 1220 simoleons, it has 1614 polys -medium). As you can see from the images, my living chair and loveseat are not the ones made by Sims99Fanatic at MTS. ;)
  • A rectangular coffee table, found in Surfaces > Coffee Tables for 335 simoleons. It has 582 polys -low.
  • A living chair, found in Comfort > Living Chairs for 870 simoleons, it has 756 polys -low.
  • A loveseat, found in Comfort > Sofas & Loveseats for 995 simoleons. It has 1084 polys -low.
  • A lounge chair, found in Comfort > Recliners for 845 simoleons. It has 1456 polys -low.

Remember the description of the sofa?
these seats are supposed to be as modern as they are uncomfortable...
In fact they're much more comfortable than they look ;)
/Recuerdan la descripción del sofá?
Se supone que éstos son asientos tan modernos como incómodos...
En realidad son mucho más cómodos de lo que parecen ;)

Once I finished these objects, I realized two things:
  1. The shadows in my objetcs looked good, but too dark compaired to the really light shadows in the sofa. That's why they're so ridiculously light now; I don't want them to stick out in a bad way.
  2. The smoothing in one of the original meshes looked bad compaired to the smoothing in my own meshes. So I decided to edit that mesh in Blender and apply the same smoothing method I used in my meshes. The replacement included is optional, not required. Only download if you like the image on the right better.


3- Finally, I made some floors and walls using textures from the sofa. I had made many more, matching almost each of the color options. But most of them are painful to see, even for me xD. So I selected the ones I found to be a bit more useful.


DOWNLOAD / DESCARGA: Maxis "Ultra Modern Diamond" Completer Set

No hay comentarios: